Posted by: john – Aug 10, 2012
The Intergalactic SpeakEasy DC is happening on Saturday, August 11th 2012. Party Liberation Front (PLF), from here in Richmond, and Mischief from DC, are once again teaming up for the Intergalactic Speakeasy in DC! DJs, live music, fire performance, burlesque, sideshow, circus acts, video arts, fedoras, flappers, and space suits abound!
Get your presale tickets until 5pm tomorrow to save some $ off your entrance fee: http://tinyurl.com/6na4bud
Where can sophisticated universal hitchhikers get a decent martini in this sector of the galaxy?
At The MILKY WAY CABARET!
OK, but where can a Kool Daddy-O cut a Pan Galactic Rug?
Easy. Right next door at The ANDROMEDA DANCEHALL!
OK, OK, now you have my attention, but can Groovy Space Cowboys compress their Intergalactic Playa Dust?
Sure thing, just slip on your Interstellar Zoot Suit and step outside the airlock to the DEEP SPACE DOME!
If YOU can FIND the secret elevator to the best JUICE JOINT in the Universe AND speak the password, you WILL be treated to:
- A dance party with indoor and outdoor sound systems
- A variety stage show with Live vocal Jazz, Burlesque, magic, and sideshows
- Fire spinning, fire toys, and Compressive Antics
The Milky Way Cabaret show room brimming with Burlesque! Magic! Jazz!
MCs Parker Galore & Miss Debbi, La Dolce Diva providing commentary, comedy, and the occasional song and dance...
▲ Abby Nightingale and Buddha Fly - Live vocal Jazz
▲ Mab Just Mab (Sideshow Queen; ukelele, glass walking)
▲ Zoe Jackson (singer/songwriter)
▲ Surprise (Hoops)
▲ Karma Jane (contortion; burlesque; hoops)
▲ The Red Huntress (burlesque)
▲ Buster Britches (boylesque, sideshow)
▲ ▲ More Performers TBA!▲ ▲
Interstellar swinging future-sounds in the Andromeda Dancehall provided by:
▲ Mr. Jennings, PLF/Richmond
▲ Reinhold - PLF/Richmond
▲ Barney Iller - Mischief/NYC
▲ Michael Nighttime - PLF/Philly
▲ Alex Funk - Garden of Heathens/Baltimore
Compressive Fire antics and Electro-Bass grooves outside the airlock at the Deep Space Dome
Fire spinning, fire toys, and Compression
With grooves provided by:
▲ Sequoia - Mischief, Disorient, Meso Creso/DC
▲ JKanizzle - Mischief/DC
▲ V:shal Kanwar - Mischief, Meso Creso/DC
▲ Coyote - PEX-Disorient/Philly
▲ Meegs - Meso Creso/DC
"Encouraged" dress code: Intergalactic SpeakEasy! flapper dresses, vests, evening dresses, boas, long pearl necklaces, fans, Zoot Suits, spats (white canvas or vinyl shoe covers), fedoras…all tied together with something from the future!
Intergalactic Speakeasy Rules and Codes of Conduct -
- Please Speak-Easy
- You MUST know the password to get in
- Do not tell anyone where you are going, or who you are going with
- Everyone must use an alias
- No discussions about Bootlegging in ANY galaxy is allowed inside the Speakeasy
- If anyone see's Gatsby, please ask him to leave. That man can't be trusted.
- All cigar and pipe smoking must be done outside on the balcony, with pinky fingers raised
- There will be limited tickets sold to this exclusive event, don't forget to bring yours!
- Please exit the Intergalactic Speakeasy quietly, we don't want the coppers to find out
Your Mischievous Hosts:
No Scratch - No entry!
$25 at the door
The Warehouse Loft
411 New York Ave NE
9:00 pm - 4:00 am
And as always, more antics and surprises around every corner!
Facebook Event Page:
Reinhold Pre-Speakeasy Beatport chart: