Ladies and gentlemen, rock and roll! After our tremendous success with the 2013 RVA Magazine End Of The World Readers Poll, we’ve decided to take things up a notch in 2014 with our first-ever RVA Video Music Awards!
Ladies and gentlemen, rock and roll! After our tremendous success with the 2013 RVA Magazine End Of The World Readers Poll, we’ve decided to take things up a notch in 2014 with our first-ever RVA Video Music Awards! That’s right–beginning in March, RVA Magazine’s readers will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite music videos by RVA artists, in a variety of different categories.
But before we can start the voting, we need your videos! Artists of all musical genres are hereby invited to submit their videos to RVA Magazine for entry into the nomination process. Rules for submissions are as follows:
– Videos must have been released since Jan. 1, 2013.
– Maximum video length is 10 minutes
– Submit entries to [email protected] with subject line “Video Music Awards Submission: [artist], [title of video]”
– Please include credits for artist, producer, and director, as well as a description totaling no more than 250 words
– Videos should be hosted on YouTube or Vimeo, with embedding enabled
– Deadline for entries is March 3rd.
Initial entries will be judged by a panel including local bloggers as well as members of RVA Magazine editorial staff. We’ll narrow the submissions down to 5 categories of 5 nominations apiece, and then our readers will vote for the winners in each category.
So, artists–start emailing us your videos! And readers–get stoked, because this is gonna rule!