Please email applications to [email protected] when ready. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Are you an aspiring marketer who wants to help promote all the arts, music, restaurants, entertainment, and culture that Richmond has to offer? It’s that time again — RVA Magazine and GayRVA.com are seeking an intern for the Spring 2020 semester.
Since 2005, RVA Magazine has told the cultural story of Richmond, VA. As we continue to connect with local businesses and expand partnership opportunities, we are seeking a Marketing (and Graphic Design, where applicable) for the Spring 2020 semester to work alongside our marketing team and promote new partnerships, events, and in-house initiatives in the new year. Internships are for-credit for a full class, and can be applied to any regional college or university program.
For journalism and writing internships, please see our Spring 2020 listing here.
As a marketing intern, you will be working directly with management on marketing goals and initiatives. You will be expected to take ideas and use a variety of skills to develop them and learn how an independent publication works in the process.
With a target start date in January, you will work with our team 10+ hours a week on designing developing sales materials and social media strategies, posting online content, communicating directly with clients, and assisting in distribution. We believe that marketing interns needs to know basic design and communication skills along with a willingness to learn.
Junior or Senior Undergrads or Post-Grad students with relevant coursework are encouraged to apply. This is an exciting career opportunity for a future professional with an interest in marketing, communication, and design.
Learn objectives and areas of focus:
• Provide general support and ideas in execution of RVA Magazine/GayRVA’s Marketing Plan
• Gain a deep understanding of marketing metrics across all channels
• Understand and execute initiatives on the RVA Magazine/GayRVA brand strategy and messaging
• Learn how our readers respond to content and develop strategies that grow that readership
• Learn why and how distribution of online content and the print edition are important
• Update the RVA Magazine/GayRVA Events Calendar weekly
• Undergraduate Junior/Senior in a Marketing, Communications, or Business course track
• Strong work ethic, team player, results-oriented, strong organizational skills
• Software-savvy and analytical
• Ability to take direction and follow-through
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Ability to take ownership with a focus on details
• Desire to learn and strong initiative
• Understand SEO and Google Adwords strategy
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Basic knowledge of spreadsheets
• Understand email marketing campaigns
Please send your resume, cover letter, and relevant work samples or experience to [email protected] in an email titled “RVA Magazine Marketing Internship” to apply. Start date January 2020.
Thanks for your interest. We’re excited to hear from you!
–The RVA Magazine Team