As Earth Day draws near, superheroes from across the land — uh, Virginia — are uniting in the fight to save Earth. Dig out your neon tights and dust off your capes for this adults-only night of reducing, reusing and recycling in a quest to preserve our planet’s resources.
Here’s what’s on tap for the night:
– Race to save the “Earth” in a giant, inflatable game of Hungry Hungry Hippos
– Engage your super speed in an old school relay race with a recycling twist
– Discover the alter ego of beer cases by upcycling them into coasters!
– Flex your artistic muscles to create a community art project made out of bottle caps
– Rescue food waste from the trash can by learning how to compost
– Use your super powers to create a seed “bomb” and defuse it at home
– See the benefits of green building techniques and storm water management — no X-ray vision required!
– Soar through the cosmos — just not to Krypton — with an all-live astronomy show
End the night with a laugh-your-cape-off live comedy show featuring a troop from the Coalition Theater!
As always, we’ll have local food trucks serving up snacks, cocktails from Belle Isle Moonshine, an array of beverages from Garden Grove Brewing & Urban Winery and an 8-tap beer truck with lots of tasty options.
Start searching for your superhero costume; they’re strongly encouraged. Seriously. Wear one.
Admission is only $10 and $8.50 for Museum members. Food and drink is extra, of course. Guests must be 21 or older to attend. An ID is required for entry, no exceptions.
Science on Tap is presented by WestRock.