Party Liberation Front (PLF) is proud to continue keeping the tradition alive at G5 and on RVA First Fridays, October 6th 2017 at the Carnival of 5 Fires 2017 we will once again light the streets up with fire performance, dancing, with tunes provided by some of the finest DJs in the land… crunky, funky, bassy circus style! Come join us for our free, community street party event outside of Gallery5!
Main photo by janpim wolf photography
Pyro sculptures by
This event is sponsored and supported by the Party Liberation Foundation 501(c)3 non-profit
Then join us for…
PLF Freakeasy Speakeasy (Carnival of 5 Fires Afterparty)
Vagabond (700 E Broad St. Next to the National)
$5 suggested donation
Catering to the sounds of basement jazz bass, where you can dance all your cares away. You’ll be beating your feet, and shaking yo’ booties to the roaring, thumping soundwaves, as we take you hip cats back to the prohibition era of drinkin’ in the dark.
*donations will be split to support the music makers of the evening*
SPECIAL NOTES FOR PYRO CIRCUS
***If you are a fire performer interested and/or planning to join us in the street with fire props, there are a few things you should know:
*crowd experienced performers only. we take this very seriously. this isn’t for performers new to fire play or for people that just “dabble” in this art.
* In order to perform with fire you must attend one of the two scheduled safety meetings and sign a waiver.
* The safety meetings are scheduled to be held at 6:45 and 8:15 PM.
* Waivers will be available at the safety meetings and must be signed to participate.
* With the exception of fire breathing, we will only be using white gas (naptha, camp fuel). As for fire breathers, please note the below bullet point.
* As is pointed out below, fire breathing performances will be held until last, as lamp oil tends to make the performance area slick for other spinners.
* In the name of fairness and reciprocity, it is encouraged that all fire performers volunteer for a fire safety shift. It’s just like watching fire performance, but you get to wear a brightly colored vest and who doesn’t like brightly colored vests?!